3.16.2010

diary of a happy {pregnant} white woman: chapter five

for some reason, this pregnancy is giving me more...concern{?}...than my first one.
i cant really come up with a good reason for this.
with bennett i never felt bad, was just tired every day after {or during} work.
with this one, i feel bad generally all the time; which should make me realize more than with bennett that i AM pregnant and THAT is why i feel bad. im faint and as ive mentioned before...worthless.
worthless is NOT a good thing to be when your "job" in life is to mother and wife your son and husband and housewife your house.
and do things like COOK.
um - no ma'am.

well im on day four of feeling "better" and its worrying me a little bit.
why do i feel good all of a sudden?
i want to feel bad again! {i know. im a weirdo}

honestly though, the only reason i can come up with to explain away my "fears" is that this time i know what im getting into.
the first pregnancy was all about "wow so THIS is what it feels like to be pregnant...THIS is what ive been waiting for all my life...im going to have a BABY".  little did that naive girl know that is NOT usually what it feels like to be pregnant. :)
but now, with this pregnancy, i know what all this means.
i know what we get if it all goes well.

we get this

and this


and this


and this


and this

and this

and even this
this last picture obviously added at a later time, as it was taken on Palm Sunday 2010

thats just so much pressure!!
how do i get to have another one???
i feel so blessed and lucky to have what i already do have in bennett - how come i get to do it again?

and again...i am FULLY aware people have multiple children every single day/minute/second in this world and what is happening to me is, comparably, not amazing.
BUT I THINK PREGNANCY AND CHILDREN ARE AMAZING.
so you really cant argue that point with me.
i wont change my mind.
every pregnancy {or at least what is going on during it} is MIRACULOUS and PRECIOUS and LIFE.
maybe my feeble brain just has a hard time grasping "having a baby" but even after having one i still look at him and get all confused and sweaty and amazed at the fact that he even exists.
its baffling and beautiful and just a plain ordinary miracle.

and we can all use a few miracles in our life...
ill take however many He decides to give me.


signature

12 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! I keep thinking your next diary entry is going to reveal little baby's gender! Its fun anticipating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so having a girl! can't wait to hear what the little booger is!
    p.s. you think what we all do - but you're just able to put it into words:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. STOP IT RIGHT NOW NATALIE!!! Stop giving me baby fever. I do not want baby fever yet! But when you post pictures of newborn Bennett and reiterate the miracle of pregnancy and babies ... my uterus skips a beat.

    Thankfully, after reading this I will go back to cleaning crayon marks off of Blake's window ... and I'll give another dose of Motrin to my super-fussy, teething Sutton ... and that should zap the baby fever. At least for 1 year.

    But with posts like these in your pregnancy diary, Justin is going to make me quit reading your blog.

    I.love.babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Natalie- I wish I could describe my feelings in words like you do! So touching and I feel the same way about life and what did I do to deserve my beautiful baby boy?! Love these posts =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Summer's post cracks me up.
    Love seeing our little Bennett through the years like that.
    Can't wait to find out what the lil peanut is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and even when you become a mimi, you still marvel at the miracle of life. I just teared up all over looking through those baby pics and video of Bennett. Take note, that bond and awe with/of never goes away :)
    It just multiples and continues :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree it is totally a miracle. I know several people who are having trouble conceiving so I thank the sweet Lord everyday for making it so "easy" for me to have babies... And when you think of all that goes into making a baby day to day and all the little things that could go wrong - it is totally a wonder when it comes out right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree...children and pregnancy, completely amazing and miraculous! I'm so happy for you guys and LOVE keeping up with this, it's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love being pregnant...I think it is the best. And with MSN I remember when I finally stopped being sick I was worried something was wrong and begged for my sickness back...crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can. Not. Wait! You are so right...we are so blessed. Guess what. Your parents and Stephen's parents are so blessed too! Because, no matter how old your babies get, the blessing grows, too....and the bond is stronger every day! With each new child, the store of love just gets bigger! Love alllllll our blessings (present and future) :-) La

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so right... what an amazing miracle you get at the end of all that worthlessness (which yo uare so not worthless) & sickness..... how emotional to see those pics of baby bennett & that video!!!! tears!

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012