3.13.2010

here comes the sun

lookie here...i am sitting at the computer about to write a "normal" post.
and my eyes arent twitching and im not crawling with anxious squirms of "must get up from here NOW".
seriously, thats how its been recently with me and the computer.
we are estranged.

yesterday bennett and i soaked up the gorgeous sun and 'heat' and played outside - the ONLY thing this boy wants to do these days.
i told him if he smiled for the camera {or at least looked at the camera} then he would get to see himself on the computer later.
he quickly agreed, for as you must understand we have one narcissistic two year old who could scroll through pictures of himself on the computer for hours upon hours.
he loves seeing all the fun things "benney woe" and "baby benney woe" have been up to in their short little lives.
honestly, i do too :)

here are some wonderful* pics of my precious one-and-only son:
DSC_3339 copy2DSC_3343 copyDSC_3361 copyDSC_3363 copyDSC_3375 copyDSC_3371 copyDSC_3369 copyDSC_3370 copyDSC_3368 copyDSC_3376 copy

and now i leave you with my current favorite picture of bennett:
DSC_3339 copy


*wonderful meaning "hey, i actually have some pictures of bennett." as in "i think i took 15 pictures in february, and only about 8 of them were of bennett."



{and to all the blogs i read - and to their writers - i consider myself a frequent commenter so i apologize for the lack of comments from me recently. my google reader has been complaining to me of overcrowding and stress headaches. i have promised to empty it - or at least make a dent in the couple hundred posts i need to read - SOON. and the commenting will be back.}

and while we are on the topic of comments, those of you who have a blog know how much comments are encouraged and appreciated. its not about seeing "how many comments you can get," but it is definitely about feeling like there is actually someone out there who enjoys what was posted.
its kinda boring to post to an empty, uninspired readership.
so, today i encourage you to comment on the blogs you read, not just mine but others as well. lots of us can see how many people are reading...and the number-of-comments-to-number-of-readers is always incredibly misleading.
i see people all the time who say they read my blog, but are embarrassed to comment.  puhlease dont feel embarrassed. seriously.
to all you readers who are frequent commenters: thank you family and close friends who have blogs :) you make this crazy blogging "thing" fun and something i want to continue to do - even when my computer gives me the creeps. 
to all you readers who are not frequent commenters: i dont think you are "crazy."  even if i dont know you and you comment, i will not think you are crazy. unless you are certifiably crazy. then yes, i might think you are crazy.
believe me, you might reconsider MY sanity if you knew how many blogs of strangers i comment on. heck, THEY might think im crazy.  i just like to give back positivity to those who bring so much positivity into my life.
but of course, if there is nothing worth commenting about - which i completely acknowledge is the case at times - for goodness sakes dont comment. no pressure guys :) 
just some food for thought on this beautiful saturday.
now get outside and enjoy it!!

signature

33 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie! I am a "blog stalker" of yours and I think Bennett is just adorable. I went to AU and didn't know you there, but your link is on several of my friend's blogs so that is how I found you. I love your design, recipe and crafty ideas, so keep them coming! War Eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, did i read that right or did i miss a previous post? is there a "baby benney roe" on the way?! or am i just wishful thinking that you will have one soon;-)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Natalie! I too am a "blog stalker" of yours. I found your site through a friend's blog not too long ago. I don't have a blog...yet, but I love your blog and keep coming back because I have a little boy named Bennett too. Your little Bennett is cute and I guess I just feel like we have something in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha "baby benney woe" is what bennett calls himself when he was a baby. He loves looking at our archives of pics on the computer. :) here's to wishful thinking though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Pictures!!!! I particularly like your favorite as well as the one one Bennett lying in the grass looking at his hands and also playing with the red car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. KEEP blogging! Yours is my favorite, by far. Seriously! It's always the first I check and I love that we can keep up through blogs:) KEEP THEM COMING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love looking at your blog Natalie! love pictures of bennett! and love your sense of humor, so thanks for working on your "relationship" with the computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE your new fave pic. he looks so much like you to me...i feel like i've even seen a 2 yo pic of you that looks really similar?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello natalie. I am a blogstalker. Yours truly, me

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've inspired me to de-lurk, Natalie! I'm a friend of Patricia's and Mary-Margaret's, and we met a couple times through the college years, but I don't know if you remember me. Anyway, I love reading your blog to see what I have to look forward to, since I have a little boy just about a year younger than Bennett. Thanks for the fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post about comments :) I try to be a good commenter too! I love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natalie -
    I read your blog a lot, and I think I've only commented once. Bennett is beyond cute and always makes me smile. He's just a little older than my little guy. Thanks for always posting great pics and having a wonderful sense of humor about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is so cute! Isn't it wonderful to be out in the sun! This spring thing is WAY overdue!

    Renea

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read and love it. Videos are my favorite and I always make Jody watch so he can see how cute Bennett is! My way of trying to convince him it is time for one of our own!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures are just adorable! My blog and I have not been the best of friends lately either... hence the only 7 posts in the past 2 months. Also wanted to tell you I got my new flash on Saturday and l.o.v.e it so much. Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I love reading about precious Bennett! And everything else you write about too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know I've commented in the past, but I can't even remember how long I've been reading your blog. I'm a friend of Summer's and think Bennett is adorable in those pics. I love reading your blog because you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey natalie! i found your blog from a few AU girlfriends and also i think when i commented on your sister's blog about a mutual friend of ours she posted about. i appreciate your blurb about commenting, it's so true; i love blog comments too but am not always a good "commenter"...thanks for reminder. love your simple style, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. well you know im always reading and have never commented, generally because im reading when i should be working! haha...i love keeping up with you on the blog but even more in person, sad to miss tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Visiting your blog is always fun during nap time. The pictures of Bennett are adorable, and most of all, I love your sense of humor. You make all your readers feel like we "know you" even if we don't :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. He is such an outdoorsy boy! He is going to love spring!!! which starts on someone's birthday coming up this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a friend of Summer and I read your blog on my reader.... therefore I am not always the best commenter, but I do enjoy it. I will try to get better about commenting on all of the blogs that I enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow....your comment encouraging really worked. I love that last picture of B. I wish it was warm and sunny here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. okay, that makes sense! you're such a good mommy;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I guess I should confess, I'm a stalker. I found your blog through several people that I know and I just love your Bennett pictures and updates. A co-worker of mine has a little boy the same age as Bennett and her morning Brooks stories are never complete until I tell her the latest Bennett blog stories. They sound and look like long lost twins!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i LOVE these new pictures AND your commenting comments! i completely agree! i try to comment on other peoples blogs even when i dont know them well (or at all) haha! it makes blogging so much more fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Natalie! I guess that I should admit that I am a blog-stalker of yours too! LOVE IT! Bennett is just precious.
    Miss you! ~Chris Penney

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Belated Birthday. Hope your day was a special one. Love Aunt Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE those pics of Bennett! The last one looks so much like you. :)

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012