2.28.2010

breakfast for dinner and but i love him anyway

sometimes the answer to "what are we having for dinner" consists of:

umm, well, i dont know.  i mean we could defrost that ground venison.  or that chicken.
umm, we could have rice? and le sueur peas? and... no.
i dont know what did you have planned? {ha}
wait, we have eggs and bread, lets have egg sandwiches.
yessssss



perfect answer. 
however, time after time my excitement is stifled by my husbands obvious disapproval of these dinner plans.
but it does not stop me.

breakfast for dinner is and has been a favorite past time of mine.  i grew up it.
{scrambled egg sandwiches in particular}

one hint though: you MUST use mayo. 
I do NOT like mayo.
as in will drive through the drive through numerous times until they finally give me a chicken sandwich WITHOUT MAYO and get it right. {sometimes i actually get out of the car and go inside. i really do}
true, there is probably spit in the mayonnaises place, but i cant and wont go there.
SO moral of this "short" tale is scrambled egg sandwiches must have mayo or they just do not work.

stephen does not eat breakfast for dinner.
he does not eat scrambled egg sandwiches.
therefore on these night he fends for himself.
{tonight it was popcorn and a banana and the night is still young}

have i ever mentioned that he doesnt really like movies either?
as in he fell asleep in avatar?
seriously.
this, accompanied with the fact that he doesnt like breakfast for dinner, is grounds for divorce i do believe.

he is ever so lucky that i love his stinkin' socks off anyway.







i know.
arent you thrilled?
my debut back to the blogging world is a rambling post about eggs and movies.
i know you are on the edge of your seat with anticipation, thrilled with my choice of come-back post.
i guess the blog takes the back seat when we focus on the "live"

but fear not as i have made it a personal goal to reintroduce myself to my apple green dell and recapture the "create" and "design" part that makes blogging regular.
and yes, there will be the usual "live" sprinkled in.


:)





signature

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you are back, even if it is in the form of expressing your love for egg sandwiches. Sometimes I like to put a slice of american cheese on top to melt. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben won't do breakfast for dinner either & it's quite disappointing (but he was nice enough to make me an omelet & grits for dinner when I was sick. Stephens dinner sounds sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK.....I love breakfast for dinner, too! He even ate it sometimes when he was little,,,,so why does he hate it now? Maybe it's his mama's fault! :-) Love ya'll,(and glad you love him)! La

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! I'm glad you're back, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love him too (anyway ;), and love me some scrambled egg sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so funny. Similarities here: lesuer peas AND popcorn for dinner for Dru-alot more times than should probably happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is it with these guys?!?! Jonathan LOVES breakfast food, but anytime I suggest it for dinner, it's a BIG NO NO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love breakfast for dinner and LOVE egg sandwhiches. They must have Mayo...correct!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, love an egg sandwich. With mayo. And cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I check your blog every day for your entertaining posts... so glad you got around to posting again, even if it was about an egg sandwich. :) I must say, it was a little difficult to read considering I'm trying to get over the stomach bug right now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG. I am so with you regarding the necessity of may on an egg sandwich. It just doesn't taste the same without it. Hand sliced cheddar cheese on it is my fav as well.

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012