1.03.2009

Catching Up

So much!! This little boy of ours is just growing like a weed before our eyes. Since Bennett's birthday, he has decided to WALK(!) and he has dropped his nighttime milk (right before bed). I thought that one was going to take forever to lose, but tonight I just decided to try it. I gave him milk with his dinner, he drank it all, and then after his bath I let him pick out a book (Is Your Mama a Llama?), we read the book, said our prayers, and I put him to bed! Simple as that! I am in slight shock. We will see if this keeps up! (fingers crossed)

Now, with the WALKING! Like I have previously posted, he took his "first steps" a good while ago, tried it several times, then learned to crawl. No more walking. Well, in the past few weeks he has tried several times again (most likely by accident). On New Years Day, we were at the Camp and Bennett decided it would be the MOST fun game to walk back and forth between Laura and me. He then did it for Stephen (for the first time!!! I have been telling Stephen that Bennett has "taken steps" but Stephen has never seen it with his own eyes). He thought it was so fun and every time he would get to us he would smile, hug us, then quickly turn back around to do it again. THEN, yesterday, he walked between my sister and I several times. Later we were in the kitchen and he was standing up holding on to the Island, and all of a sudden let go and walked over to me!

Now, today, he is walking all over the place - from one toy to the next, from the sofa to Stephen's chair, from me to a toy, etc etc. It is still only 5 or 6 steps at a time, sometimes more sometimes less, but it is consistent and he is doing it all by himself. This is so exciting!!! And the best part is that he is SOOOO proud of himself when he does it :)

Here are some recent pictures

The day after Bennett's Birthday, Camille Walton and her mommy came over with Camille's new wagon and took Bennett and I for a walk! The babies were enthralled with each other

At the camp over New Years. Stephen and I went up last minute on New Years Eve. We had several different plans in the works, but at 4:30pm Stephen found out he was off on Friday so we decided to escape to the hunting camp! It was the first time in two years that we were up there as just us. It was a blast from the past, when I used to go up to the camp with Stephen what felt like EVERY weekend of hunting season. I liked it some, but mainly was bored after a couple weekends in a row. This time, however, it was INDESCRIBABLE. I watched movies, the three of us played outside in the leaves, Stephen didn't go hunting, and we just relaxed in the absolute best way possible. And for the first time in a long time, Stephen and I saw the REAL New Years make it's debut (we usually go to sleep after New York's New Years). Yes, we crawled in to bed at 11:58 and I got my New Years kiss at 12am, January 1st, 2009, right before I fell quickly and happily asleep.
Playing around with the different modes in my camera, and with my Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 lens.

Not focused, but I loved it. Looks like he is just feelin the breeze on his cheek.






"I just woke up hair"

4 comments:

  1. bennett and camille are totally bf/gf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't watching him walk AMAZING!!!!! I remember being in shock and SO SO excited! YAY B!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww i feel like ive missed so much being out of touch lately!! good job B on the walking!!! and that pic in the leaves... looks like ones we took when we were little playing in leaves in pink and navy dresses... 'member?

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, At the end of the monthly pics on the blanket, you said:
    'And stay tuned for tomorrow's addition (as you can tell - it is getting quite difficult to get him to stay still!!!)"
    Is there a 12 month pic of Bennett on the blanket? (Been waiting to see that one:)

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012