11.05.2008

Back to the Basics

After a day of emotional exhaustion - bad news for my baby and no love to console me (in this case love=Stephen) - Bennett and I ran to my parents for emotional recharging. I had a hug only my momma could give, ate my momma's home cooked dinner at the kitchen bar, while Bennett had flank steak and butter beans. After Bennett went to bed, I sat in the living room with my Momma and Daddy and watched Dancing With the Stars. After that was over, I went upstairs to my old bedroom (which looks nothing like my old bedroom mind you - with two other daughters at home when I graduated from high school, my mom quickly turned it into the guest room and I was forced to say good bye to the blue and white ensemble to which I had seriously grown attached), turned on my fan, brushed my teeth at my old vanity, closed the pocket door to my bathroom, closed all four parts of the plantation shutters on my window, grabbed a book out of the Library (while searching I was taking mental notes of all the childhood favorites I was going to borrow and have my own children read), closed the pocket door to my room, crawled into my the new bed that replaced my old bed, read a quick story, and fell into a deep peaceful glad-to-be-home-again sleep.
And woke up the next morning recharged and ready to do whatever is needed to get my baby well.

4 comments:

  1. aw i didn't even know u did that!!! when i first saw the picture i was so confused and couldnt figure out where it was... i bet that felt good! that MOMMA HUG sure feels good when times are rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better! Love ya, La

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me tear up with this post! There is nothing like home! I will continue to lift Bennett up in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so so sweet Nat, i'm with ya 100%

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012