2.29.2008

2 months old - and leaping on to 3

Get it? ha I am cheesy

Two month stats:
weight = 12 lbs - 50%
height= 23.75" - 80% (looks like we had a growth spurt!)
head = 40cm - 50%

Bennett handled the shots OK, Mommy did not. He took a mega 3 hour nap and has just been drowsy. Hopefully tonight wont be too bad, but I am expecting a fussy baby - those shots are NOT fun!

Wow – I know it sounds cliché, but where have the past two months gone?? Bennett is growing daily, and I now know what everyone means when they say they just want to hold this moment and not let it go. Don’t get me wrong, I am very much looking forward (of course) to everything the future has in store for this boy, but he is just so much fun, so cuddly, and so loving right now. Its like a little switch went off around 6.5 weeks: he started smiling all the time, locking eye contact, entertaining himself, watching his mobile, playing with and smiling at toys, sleeping through the night, interacting with Stephen and me, and became MUCH easier to soothe when things weren’t going so peachy.

I catch myself tuning the rest of the world out with increasing frequency, just to catch a glimmer of recognition in his eyes – a crinkle of his upper lip suggesting an impending smile – a squeak of an “aaah-oooo” – or the beginnings of a full body stretch and yawn that, if I could only get it on camera for all of you to see, would be voted as one of the wonders of the world – it’s enough to melt you right then and there.

Mornings are so nice with him - the past few mornings Stephen has gotten Bennett up, changed him, and brought him to me for Bennett's "first breakfast" as I call it. Then Bennett and I just snuggle while Stephen heads off to work. I cherish these peaceful times in the morning, when Bennett is alert and happy, but at the same time very happy to fall asleep at any moment.

He now stops his whimpering when he hears us walk into the room - and greets us with a smile and a fun vowel sound almost every time - yes even if he was in an all out scream, he quickly switches to a smile...almost as quickly as he sometimes switches from a smile to a screeching cry - we think he may be bipolar :)


As you read on a previous post - The CRIB IS IN!! And it only took....5.5 months. No kidding. We had that thing on order the first week of September, and here we are just now getting it. And no the dresser is not in yet. I am way past the point of caring now - I have been positive, understanding, then upset and worried, then really really ticked off, then just now indifferent. Its been a roller coaster to say the least - the thing that I think really bothered me was that getting the nursery ready is one of the fun 'pre-baby' activities to participate in. And I love that type of stuff. And we didn't really get to do it. I am now, but its a little more difficult to finish sewing bumpers with a 2 month old vs a baby in the belly. But its coming together and there will be pictures as soon as it is complete!


Bennett is now looking at and aware of most everything around him. Sometimes I think he has eyes in the back of his head, bc he seems to know when Stephen and I are in the room, even if we are trying to be sneaky and quiet (like to put the paci back into the mouth without letting him know we are in the room which would make him realize he wanted to be picked up). Its nice to be able to place him in his crib and let him just watch his mobile for however long that thing runs. He talks to it and smiles at it and just sits content until the music stops - then its on to bigger and better things and mommy better be there to bring some fun and new type of stimulation to Mr. B, or everyone hears about it.




I think Bennett would be categorized as an "active" baby. He was in the womb, and he is now. Everything he does he does with his entire body.... smile, cry, yawn, stretch, and other unmentionables....HA. He likes to be up and looking at everything and loves to be moving around the house, or anywhere, with us. None of this laying still on our backs - that stuff is for babies - and if you asked Bennett - he is NO such thing anymore. (Well, he is still MY baby, but he seems very ready to grow up). He likes to be stimulated, and gets bored with things pretty quickly - everything except his vent in the den. He could look at that thing for DAYS - it stops him from an all out cry and holds his attention like nothing else except for his own parents.

Bennett loves his tongue, and so many pictures of him include it. He smiles and talks when I stick mine out at him.

Good news - I FINALLY got a picture for his birth announcement - yes a couple months late. I realized that every one of my favorite pictures of him had already debuted on the blog, and I didn't want to send out a picture everyone had already seen. So we have had many impromptu photo shoots in search of 'the perfect picture.' I finally got the one, and announcements should be going out in a couple weeks (once I get them in). So here are some of the pics that didn't make the cut, for one reason or another, but are still some of my favorites!



C'mon Mom enough with these photo shoots!!!!

I never did a Valentine's post - Stephen was sick with the flu and that whole week was a little crazy. I do love the day dedicated to Love, but am blessed to have every-days dedicated to love. Every day my husband and son remind me of what it feels like to love and be loved. The love for a child is so unlike anything you have ever experienced before - it still is such a surreal feeling to look into the eyes of my child, and to see him look back and love at me. What a strong and Godly woman Mary was to be able to trust blindly in her Lord and watch her own son give his life for all of ours. Its amazing how God took a love that is so pure, so unmatched, so gentle yet so intense to save us all. It is only now that I have Bennett that I can even begin to catch a glimpse of God's love for us. I love that I cannot grasp the concept to its fullest extent, and love that He has given us ways to try.

What a wonderful way to be reminded everyday that God is love, and love is GOOD:


Bennett,
I can't wait for all that you will continue to teach me about love and life. I love watching you learn and grow everyday. You have made your daddy and me, and so many others, so happy and complete. You are such a gift. Happy two months!
Love,
Mommy

11 comments:

  1. You will love that crib. Neely Kate has the same one. I loved all the pictures of Bennett with his tongue out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seem to always cry when i read your blog :) in a good way. god is so wonderful and we are so blessed and so is that angle of a boy bennett. i want to come home right now just to see his cute smiling face! i love you three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious post! Such sweet words. Bennett is a DARLING boy and I especially love that last picture of him smiling! I can't wait to meet that lil man. Oh, and the vent thing made me laugh out loud! HAPPY TWO MONTHS BENNETT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I love the updates and precious pics, especially the tongues out! I know someone else told you too... But You inspire me with your blog too...I love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious post, Natalie. It's such an AWESOME reminder to think about Jesus having a mother and that mother GIVING him to her God. What a neat perspective to look at His death through Mary's eyes now that you have a child of your own. Thanks for that needed reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you two are great. Much love and a very happy two months of babyhood and parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have decided that bennett is the best baby in the entire world fyi

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the picture in your header! that beautiful baby looks like his MAMA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading about little Bennett! I would love to get together for lunch or coffee...we are moving to Bham on SATURDAY! We are sad to leave but know Birmingham will be fun. Let me know if you are free this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. he is absolutely precious! i love the tongue pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. speaking of the birth announcement.... where is mine? i keep hearing people got it, but i have yet to see it!!!! i cant wait! love him!

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012