1.29.2010

meet eeraw6*

or as you may know her, erin
today is her birthday
she is 26


she is my sister.
in theory, she is my younger sister
but in reality she and i were the same size starting at about ages 4 and 2.
from that point on we were basically the "big girls" and rachel was "the baby"
everyone always thought we were twins - same blonde hair, same eyes,
and if my mom had anything to do with it, same outfits {just in different colors}


when we were younger, erin was the "rebellious" one.
lie i do not
she was the one with crazy "ragamuffin" hair and a stubborn will of her own
if the rule was "dont", she "did"

and then this young rebel grew up
and threw her wildish ways out the window.

from that point on she seriously has been a stickler for the rules.
she is organized, slightly OCD in particular ways
{when it comes to organization/symmetry/dresser drawers/colors/etc},
a fiercely loyal friend, completely real, wears her emotions on her sleeve,
addicted to this game i know nothing about but that she showed me once on facebook called "farmville,"
great with children {especially bennett - from day one if bennett couldnt have me,
erin was the only other human who could soothe him like his mama},
and one of my closest friends.




i love having sisters, and i love that God gave me her as one of my two.



happy 26th birthday erin!


and now, ten questions for my sister in two thousand ten:

1.  favorite color
BLACK: for clothes
RED or PINK: most everything else :)


2.  best memory from childhood
can't name just one... but going on road trips in the happy van, growing up going to the beach every single weekend with the family, going skiing every year in Colorado, catching fish bigger than we were (like my blue marlin at age 11) & being known as the girls fishing team! 

3.  best thing about being the middle child
I can always be in the middle if we take a picture in age order! haha JK
as much as i claim middle child syndrome now that I'm older, I wouldn't change being the middle child for the world.  I have always had Natalie to look up to for advice and ask about things she has already gone through, and I have always felt like I could sorta help give Rachel advice and be a role model for her, too, even though I think she gives me advice just as much! :)   It is TRULY the best place to be...


4.  perfect day from start to finish
oh WOW, the first thing that came to my mind, was Ben & my honeymoon.... those days were pure bliss... absolute relaxation on the beaches of Mexico with nothing but swimming in the pools, walking on the gorgeous beaches, laying out in the sun, eating chips salsa & guacamole every day with lunch, people massaging our feet as we laid out, some of the best wine & dinners we ever had, going fishing, riding horses on the beach, sleeping in in the mornings, celebrating time with the love of my life, and no worries w/ absolute relaxation.... ahhh to go back.... so take all of those things we did... and add in family and friends somehow to that perfect day & we'll be GREAT!


5.  one word to describe each of the following {first word that comes to mind}:
  • ben= love (i feel corny :)  but you know i couldn't answer w/ goat)
  • harper= hilarious
  • mustard= gross
  • italy= dream
6.  if you could live anywhere else in the united states {and all your friends and family would come with you} where would you live and why?
haha, you know that all my family & friends have to come or else i never would!  well, even with that stipulation, I STILL can't think of where I want to TRULY live other than here. 
-maybe a town around the size of Mobile or a little bigger somewhere in California (I'm not REALLY fond of HUGE cities... they scare me)
-Napa, CA (i know my family would love that!)
-Jackson Hole, Wyoming (fun summer & fall weather & activities)
-Birmingham, AL (cause it's still in Alabama & not too much farther from all these important things I love: our beach houses, hunting camps, college football games... and everyone else seems to love living there?)


7.  if you had to go through life only seeing two colors, what would they be?
where in the world do you come up with these questions? haha, i mean, i was pretty happy w/ ALL the colors, but i guess black & white since that spectrum is relate-able.... b/c if everything were in like, say, pink & blue, life would be PRETTY BRIGHT & LOUD!!!! 

8.  favorite meal
ugh, right now i have to admit that it would be our usual meal at the local Mexican restaurant  Don Carlos: chips, salsa & queso dip w/ a Taco Salad! 
but really I'd much rather eat healthier than that... i used to always say, "anything my momma cooks"


9.  three things you could not live without {not people}
my laptop, my calendar (daily planner), & my Twilight audiobooks (at least until I get all the way through them...I'm on Eclipse right now! OBSESSED)

10.  one thing you want to accomplish this year
definitely... sell our house & move back to Mobile... get settled there, close to our family & friends so we get to see everyone more often... I really hope this doesn't take all year! 
me either erin! thanks :)


*eeraw6 = erins aol screen name from back in the day.  it was her email address when stephen and i started dating and it is what stephen has called her since then.  i just KNOW she loves it :)

signature

8 comments:

  1. I do remember the eeraw6 days!!! Happy Birthday Erin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post...Happy Birthday Erin! Can't wait to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haaaappy bday!! Can't wait to see ya later today. Fun times to be had

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful photos of beautiful girls! Happy, happy birthday, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure do love "my" girls. Happy Birthday Erin Elizabeth...Aunt Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mother dressed her little girls to a "t". Super cute - I'm a big bow fun. Just need my own little girl's hair to keep growing :)

    Happy bday to your sister - don't they make life so much sweeter?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Erin! Wish we could be with yall tonight! I also wish yall still had the Astro van and we could take a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't believe I never actually commented on this post... of course I read it a million times & thanked you for it in person, but THANK YOU ALL for the birthday wishes & Nat for the awesome post!!!

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012