7.06.2008

Bennett's First Fourth

What a WONDERFUL holiday we had! Erin and I went down to the beach Wednesday afternoon, late, in a hurry, so I ended up forgetting things like Bennett's bathing suit and sun hat, but remembered about 80 burp rags and PLENTY of paci's. Nothing like packing in a hurry.
My Aunt Elizabeth came down Wednesday night, too, from Jackon MS for the holiday. Stephen came down on Thursday mid-day after work. We had so much fun basking in the sun, swimming, riding in the boat, and EATING. Stephens parents came over all day Friday for the Fourth, as well as on Saturday to visit (and to get their "Bennett fix" of course). The weather was perfect and we all decided we dont know what we did before my parents put in the pool at the house! We could relax and play without worrying about the jellyfish.

Thursday
We hung out around the pool, B swam, Stephen got down to the beach, and we ATE LOTS OF FOOD. My sisters and I also ran some errands to the grocery store (we are brave to do this in Orange Beach during the holiday) and also tried to find an infant bathing suit for Bennett, since I only brought one for him. We must have gone to a million souveneir shops, but none had an infant bathing suit. Really people, its the BEACH. Babies wear bathing suits at the beach. Gah. Bennett went to bed like normal this night, but kept waking up due to voices, dogs yappin, etc so we had to repeat his 'bedtime routine' again at 9:30pm, sans bath. This staying up late didnt result in sleeping in late, however. It was great though, bc I had plenty of help from my mom, to my Aunt Elizabeth, to Stephen helping out in the morning and I actually got to "sleep in" a couple mornings. Thank you THANK YOU!!





Friday
9:00am: Bennett joined his friend Jack in his rockin' Red Radio Flyer wagon for the Ono Island Fourth of July Parade. Jack's mommy Erin and her mom and dad joined us as we pulled up the caboose of the fun, but very HOT parade. We can't wait for next year!!

my camera fogged up when i took it out of the case bc it was so very HOT


The crowd we had waiting at the end of the driveway for Sir Bennett and Sir Jack



Cant forget our Fur Child

Rest of the Day: played around the pool, Pop and La came over as well as Uncle Awesome [as Stephen's younger brother Michael (Bennett's godfather and one of Bennett Michael's namesakes, the other is my dad) prefers to be called]. We had a huge delicious meal, a few photoshoots, and swam some more. Bennett wore his fantastic new jams and was quite the patriotic 6 month old.



Uncle Awesome and B


God Bless the USA. and if momma keeps these shorts on me for too much longer, the back of my neck may begin to turn the color of one of those stripes on my sweet jams



Sporting one more festive outfit

I tried some Apple Juice in my sippy cup for the first time tonight


Saturday
woke up and it was overcast, but we gathered everything together and took the boat to Robinson Island, a small group of islands close to Ono, in front of the Perdido Pass Bridge. We cooked hamburgers on the grill on the back of the boat, but werent able to get close enough to the islands to play on the sand, and there were so many jellyfish we couldnt swim to the shore, so after eating we came back to the house. The guys went bottom fishing, and Stephen's parents came over to visit. The fireworks were canceled due to the lightning that was EVERYWHERE, so we will have to wait until next year to see exactly what B thinks of the lights/sounds of the Fourth of July.

I am so strong and stood up against the window for a really long time!

I take my boat driving seriously


The weather was perfect for a quick photoshoot while we were waiting on Daddy and the rest of the guys to come in from fishing. Thanks AuniE!


My Great Aunt Elizabeth took such great care of me this weekend! I had so much fun when she fed me and gave me baths! Can't wait to see you again in a month and meet your grandson Blake!


Sunday
came home and RESTED from a very long, fun weekend! Bennett took his first big boy bath tonight and LOVED it!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome entry! Loved all the pics and the great time we all had, XOXOXO, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy weekend! So glad ya'll had a fun 4th. Can't wait to visit the beach and see ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a descriptive post! i love it! mine is lacking but still some good pics....
    u however need to photoshop me OUT of the pic where im holding up bennett in his cool dude flag shorts.... maybe his cuteness will delete me out of the background! LOVE IT and we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a great time!!! LOVE the pics of you and B!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics!! Can you please explain how you look so great after only having a baby 6 months ago?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great weekend, and I am so sad I didn't make it down there to visit! and OF COURSE the Fourth of July parade tradition continues!!! and the pics of you and Bennett are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun weekend!! love little bennett :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics!! I have the same crab outfit for Carter but he still needs to grow a bit to fit into it. You look FANTASTIC in all the pictures!!! Please tell me how you're doing it...please tell me the six month mark results in a few more pounds dropping off. :(

    Okay, on to Bennett. Adorable!!!! And I can't believe he's already standing up against things. Wow! Fun post!! Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012