4.11.2008

Smoothie?

I did something yesterday I haven't done since I was pregnant - made a smoothie. I have never been the hugest fan of fruit: I would rather have raw veggies as a snack. However, being pregnant made me crazy for fruit, particularly strawberries (and this love has not gone away - I always have fresh fruit salad - I vary the fruit - in the refrigerator now). So, I started making myself smoothies to appease this craving. I'm sure there are a bazillion different ways to make smoothies, but this is what I found that I like, and is pretty easily done with things we usually have in the fridge anyway:

Frozen strawberries
Frozen mixed berries (I do mainly the strawberries, then throw in some of the mixed berries)
carton of yogurt - any flavor really (I started out with vanilla, but then soon found that anything we had was fine and just added different flavors!)
orange juice (dont know how much, I just pour some in there to help it mix all the frozen ingredients)
a little bit of honey

mix in a blender and serve - yummy! Sometimes I add a frozen banana (to freeze a banana, just peel it and place it in a zip lock bag. Remove and cut into slices when you want to use)

1 comment:

  1. I have been drinking smoothies for breakfast recently and here is one I like!

    1 cup chocolate soymilk
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 banana

    It is yummy!

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012