4.13.2008

Beach Baby - and more...

This weekend we traveled down to the beach for Friday night and (surprise!) celebrated my Dad's 5__'th birthday (which is actually on Wednesday April 16th). Stephen helped my dad take the boat down from Dog River Marina in Mobile across Mobile Bay to the beach, and Bennett and I drove down early afternoon. When we arrived, it was HOT, so I wasted no time and dressed Bennett in his swimsuit and little hat (that I stopped and bought at the Souvenir City on the way - it was the only one that didn't have a huge cheesy "Orange Beach" sewn onto it), smothered him in baby sunscreen ( he did not like the combination of the sound of the spray with the feel of the lotion - oops) and went down the dock to see Daddy and Doc washing the boat. I HAD to take some pictures (of course) of my little beach baby. I can't wait for this summer!!! This little boy is going to be SO MUCH FUN!











Saturday was a crazy day. We left the beach, and when we got home Stephen ran to a crawfish boil, while I tried (to no avail) to get Bennett to take a nap. Stephen came home and we walked over to our neighbor's house for a neighborhood get together. Bennett finally fell asleep in my arms, and took a nap in Camille's bed (Camille is 6 weeks younger than Bennett). He was passed OUT but then woke to find himself surrounded by an unfamiliar color and literally freaked out. I had to take a picture of him in this jungle of PINK.

We left the neighborhood party early, changed clothes and went to our friend's wedding (reception, didn't make the actual wedding). This night was a huge First for us: Bennett stayed at home with his first non-family member babysitter (Ms. Geraldine - sweet 60yr old lady who works in the baby room at Spring Hill Baptist Daycare - can it get any better??). Everything went wonderfully and it was so nice to have a night out with my hubby, with no pressure to be home at a certain time. (we were in by 11, which is really late for us these days!!). Bennett was asleep when we left, and was still snoozing when we came back. Thank you Ms. Geraldine! :)
This morning, Bennett and I went to the contemporary service instead of the traditional service at our church, called TGIS (thank God it's Sunday). Brad McClain is the preacher, and he is one of the big reasons Stephen and I joined Dauphin Way a year ago - he is the most amazing preacher and I absolutely LOVE all that he has to say! You are glued to him and hang on every word, and he is hilarious! I love love the traditional service at our church, but it's nice to get in some great praise and worship every now and again. You leave feeling so inspired and 'powered up for the Lord' (as Brad would say). On the way home, Steven Curtis Chapman's Fingerprints of God came on the radio, and as I may not really LOVE the actual music, the words sum up my everyday thoughts recently:

"I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

Never has there been and never again
Will there be another you
Fashioned by God's hand
And perfectly planned
To be just who you are
And what He's been creating
Since the first beat of your heart
Is a living breathing priceless work of art and...

Just look at you
You're a wonder in the making
Oh, and God's not through, no
In fact, He's just getting started …"

4 comments:

  1. omg there's a baby pic of you somewhere that looks just like the ones of bennett with daddy..(our daddy..not stephen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok those bathing suit pics of bennett could NOT be any cuter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that cute beach baby needs to come be the lady's man this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE it... hate tha i didnt get to the beach early enough to see bennett with the hat on.. adorable! i agree with rach too.. those pics look like you!

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012