9.06.2007

So I guess I really am showing :)

I forgot to mention this in last weeks' blogs, but Wednesday of last week was officially the first time the bump was recognized by a stranger as more than just a 'bump.' While waiting in the checkout of The Fresh Market, I made eye contact with a sweet lady standing beside me who had been smiling at my tummy. She said "OOOOO Child isnt that sweet? When are you due?" I was so happy that someone noticed I was pregnant and fully embraced the opportunity to baby-talk with a stranger. At least there wasnt any stranger-belly-touching. Ive heard it commonly happens.... I dont think Ill EVER be ready for that and I dread the day it happens to me.

Yesterday at a job site I saw a work-related acquaintance (whom I havent seen in a few months) and he said hello to me, looked down at my belly, stumbled over what to say, smiled awkwardly, and asked "so how have you been?" I laughed and told him that yes I was pregnant. He looked relieved and I could tell he wanted to ask but was minding his p's and q's. Im sure he knows as well as I do that the new 'rule of thumb' is to NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you physically see her giving birth. Ha! And as I may love being asked now, I refuse to ask anyone else for this very reason!!! What a terrible mistake that would/could be!!

1 comment:

  1. o goodness, how fun! when i was in nashville for work this rep from virginia was obviously pregnant (b/c she is rail thin like you and had a pooch)... so we asked her when she was due... even though we KNEW she WAS pregnant it was still weird actually mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012