11.28.2010

meet my baby

well, my other, other baby :)

this was a quick, amazingly fun project that consumed a great part of me this past year.  "quick" in that the total design and construction time was only about 5 months.  this was greatly due to the fact that the clients and i shared many of the same tastes, which does not always happen, and designing these spaces was much like designing {one of} my dream space{s}.  {i say ONE of, because i think i could be perfectly happy in several different styles of kitchens, bathrooms, etc depending on my mood and the day you ask me!}.  also due in part to an uber-organized and on-top-of-things contractor {BW Construction if you live in the area}.

the scope of the project included a complete kitchen and master bath gutting and renovation, enclosure of a back porch, and renovations of a laundry room and two powder rooms.  see more of this project HERE and HERE

this project wrapped up right before emory was born, and i am just now getting to posting about it {go figure}.

i finally made it over there {emory in tow} to snap a few pics, but the weather was really overcast so there is a strange hue to some of these pictures.  i might have photoshop, and know how to work the ISO and P/manual modes on my camera, but they were no help in fixing the strange hue.  i think it gives you a good enough idea, though...and so this will be as it is until i {one day} can afford to pay someone "official" to come take pictures of my work {or learn more about my camera and photoshop in order to avoid issues such as these}!

enjoy!

Enclosed Porch:
before:

in the process:

after:
bar furniture i designed in newly enclosed porch: contains icemaker and beverage refrigerator




Master Bath: 
before:


after:
alabama white marble counters, backsplashes, and tile floor


 
 




 the chandelier wasnt in yet when i photographed the room, but its this: 


and its GORGEOUS



Kitchen:
before:


after:
still need to reupholster existing/purchase new chairs, and get roman shade over window
so many of my favorite things all balled up in one pretty picture: subway tile, white marble, shaw sink, perrin and rowe faucet, disposal air switch, pink camelia, mother Mary and sweet baby Jesus



this picture somehow shoes the colors more accurately
ok just found these two from another trip and these also show the colors MUCH better
butlers pantry-type counter to dining room beyond {through that dark doorway}


 Powder Room:
before:


after:





and yes another reason why i love my job...i might not be able to always, if ever, afford some of my own "designs" or "specifications," but i still get to "pick" them and see it all come together as if it was mine.  sound strange?  refer to title of this post.  after working on something so long, these projects really do become a nurtured, tended-to, loved part of my life.

a labor of love.

not unlike a child :)



signature

11 comments:

  1. love love love so much of this!!!

    the bar area on the enclosed porch is amazing. love that shower, and the kitchen is amazing. everything was SO PINK before.

    wonderful beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness-you are SO good! I'd move in right now-no question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous! you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! The kitchen is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Very well done, my dear! Imagine that! :-) Love ya, La

    ReplyDelete
  6. stephen will not be happy. your business is about to EXPLODE! so proud of you and soooo in love with this kitchen/bath/porch redo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. she scrolled through the fabulous pictures and repeated to herself "thou shall not covet, thou shall not covet, thou shall not covet...."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say that the shower is my fav, but I love it all so much. Even the befores are entertaining. Yes the bathroom is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented. I'd love to move right in. I tried to get Lofton to lay our bathroom tile in a herringbone pattern and he laughed at me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just looked at this again, and LOOOOVE what you did. you are one talented lady!!!

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012