2.21.2008

Lovely inconsistencies

Bennett is still doing wonderfully in the sleep department. It is not consistent, but as my good friend Lauren said, the only consistent thing about babies is their inconsistency.

A couple nights after sleeping "through" he woke up at 1:30am, and I attempted just to give him his paci and go back to sleep. I ended up feeding him both times, and he of course only ate for about 4-6 minutes. So the next time he woke up at 1:30am, I went against all motherly instincts and just watched him talk and fuss in his crib for a little while, and then he eventually fell asleep. Whew! Since then, he has been sleeping about 6-8 hours at a time, depending on what time it is we "go to bed." Sometimes he sleeps from 9:00pm till 7:30am, sometimes he wakes up at 4 (like this morning, but then he goes back to sleep until around 7am after I feed him).

So proud of my good sleeper - which is much welcomed and unexpected since we are also dealing with reflux, and usually reflux and good sleeping do NOT go hand in hand.

Lovely inconsistencies

1 comment:

  1. So glad he's doing so well... Good ole E helped coin that phrase about inconsistency. And if I remember correctly, it was in relation to one of our MANY sleep discussions! :)

    ReplyDelete

all materials published on this blog
© by Natalie at create.live.design, 2007-2012